Thursday, April 5, 2012

Motivated.

What am I doing here?! I am supposed to study for my Psych paper next week before I go into the usual busy (and fun) weekends! Easter week! :DD I haven't touch blogger for a while now but something motivated me and I have to blog now before the motivation's gone. But before that, I NEED TO RANT. This week has been CRAZY. In fact every week after my midterms, it got crazier and intense. I'd even wake up before my alarm rings. I hate that anxious feeling when I wake up. My head screams, "There are so many things to do! So little time!" This week itself, I had..
  • 2 assignments to hand in.
  • 2 quizzes.
  • 2 presentations.
Now, you might think, "you should've started earlier." Yeah, I'm gonna defend myself with, my lecturers should give the assignments/task earlier :p haha! I kid. Seriously though, ADP is definitely not All-Day-Play.

ps. In need of a break. I am going NUTS.

BUT. Hello :) I am feeling much better now. In fact, I feel darn motivated to study (for test, quiz, test again, finals!) and to finish up 3 major assignments and many minor ones in a month. Well, because if I compare myself to other people, I think mine are just peanuts. No need to worry about financial and family, yet. What inspired me to go on was this and this.

I recalled the times I spent with the orphanage exactly 5 months ago. It was amazing how motivated I am to visit Rumah Juara @ PJ and Sinthamani Divine Life Ashram @ Kepong for 5 weeks straight (although the main motive to visit was to get good grades for both Sociology and Moral studies). I felt the joy helping these unfortunate kids. This heart beat after getting inspired by Teach for Malaysia, made me realize how much I want to help them.

I remember teaching 6 kids (ranging from 12 to 15 year old kids) on my final week of community service. I taught them English and Mathematics and I love how determined 3 of them were :') This 15 year old boy I forgot his name :(, AMAZED me. He was good in both English and Math thus, I wasn't really worried about him. I taught the other two kids form 1 algebra to prepare them for high school this year :) Really, I never thought that they'd have the heart to learn. "Teacher, Correct?" questions after questions. Sometimes they'd get frustrated with themselves for not being able to understand, but they never gave up. Neither did I. I taught them patiently until the time was up. *Bangga* :D I even left them little notes to motivate and encourage them 0:)

Apart from that, I am thankful that I'm able to check on the kids from Rumah Juara. I see them almost every week in church! :D I love having little chats and I love praying for them after service. Teehee. You know, before visiting Rumah Juara, never did it come across my mind that these kids/youth I see in church were from an orphanage home. Trust me, you can NEVER tell because of the clothes they wear and the smile they put on their face. As cliché as it sounds, really, do not judge a book by its cover. You'll never know what people had to go through/are going through in life.



IMG_9696

IMG_9700

IMG_9706
Kids admiring Jinsol's iPhone.

IMG_9709
w/ the Koreans! Heebeom, Jim and Jinsol.

IMG_9721
:)

IMG_9738
Living in an unhealthy environment :(

IMG_9740
With cows, chickens, and ducks too!

IMG_9720
Why do they look so stoned here?!

IMG_9715
Ahh, much better :)
All pictures taken @ Sinthamani Divine Life Ashram orphanage home.

Now, will this heart beat for kids last? We'll see. xx

No comments: